Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics and were off to a great start. Weve partnered with worlds largest retailer to help re-invent the customers shopping experience with our Alphabot Technology at the center of a new era in retail. To succeed, we need to grow our team.
We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for
excellence in a team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
Full Time, Exempt
The Controls Software Engineer (CSE) is responsible for contributing to the sensing, localization, motion, and actuation of the robotic platform to deliver a robust, reliable solution with high throughput. The position requires taking personal ownership to design, document, communicate, implement, and test software components within a complex electromechanical system. The CSE will be primarily responsible for supporting data analysis to identify issue root causes while developing controls expertise. They must be able to efficiently apply first order solutions while considering a long-term approach in a fast and dynamic environment. They will also work closely with a team of senior engineers to actively propose and collaborate on solutions.
Who you are:
- Passionate about technical challenges and eager to broaden your skillset
- Focused on making progress every day
- Strive for an efficient solution
- Actively express insights based on your experience and observations
- Curious, collaborative, and committed to something bigger
- Understand how to distinguish what people ask for from what they actually need
- Humble and thoughtful
- Exude dedication and commitment to your work that makes others want you on their team
- Strong attention to detail
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Root causing electro-mechanical issues using data analysis and visualization
- Establish correlation between data and electro-mechanical system behavior
- Model-based and data driven development and debugging
- Collaborate inter-team and cross-functionally to deploy controls solutions using C++
- Clearly document requirements and design
- Provide and continuously track to accurate task timelines
- Design concepts, demonstrate in simulation, implement in software, and integrate on hardware
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in C++ with focus in object-oriented design and abstraction. Bonus to be familiar with modern C++ (11/14)
- Ability to execute data analysis / post-processing, simulation, and concept demonstrations in MATLAB
- Familiarity with python
- Basic understanding of digital signal processing and filtering
- Familiarity with sensing and actuation technologies
- Demonstrated experience with physical hardware beyond simulations
- Ability to understand electro-mechanical robotics platform and how components interact
- Ability to develop / execute test plan and analyze results
- Ability to instrument software unit tests and hardware-based integration tests for complex systems
- Familiarity with applied classical control theory
- Knowledge of system modeling, identification, and linearization
- Experience in data visualization
- Comfortable with statistics
- Experience with embedded, real-time operating systems
- Experience with version control, task planning and tracking
- Familiarity with Linux
TEAMING & PERSONAL
- Works successfully in a collaborative team environment and constructively influences team decisions
- Self-motivated and capable of working through ambiguity
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical/problem solving skills
- Possesses flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Masters technical degree (or the equivalent in training and experience) with a background in robotics, high-tech, or electro-mechanical product companies or graduate work.
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Associated topics: c c++, developer, devops, java, matlab, perl, python, software developer, software programmer, sw