Electrical CAD Engineer
Compensation: $90,640.00 - $174,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Graphic Design/CAD
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
The Electrical CAD Engineer will work closely with a senior engineer to transform diverse electrical circuit designs (digital, mixed signal, and power electronics) into manufacturable PCBA designs that will be integrated into our mobile robot systems. This role will take part in all aspects of the CAD process starting with requirements gathering, library development, placement and routing all the way through to final checking and release. In additional to PCBA design, this role will also assist with cables, process development, CAD tool maintenance, and product life cycle management. Since Alert does all of their design and CAD work in house, this is a great opportunity to work directly alongside the design teams and to participate in all phases of product development.
What Will You Love?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization
- Working alongside a passionate, diverse, first class engineering team that is rapidly expanding
- Participating in all aspects of the creation process and getting to work on a broad set of different projects
- Alert's team-oriented environment where everyone pulls together to get the job done and then celebrates in shared success
- Opportunities to broaden your skill set both by working alongside more experienced engineers and by being challenged with a varied set of projects as the company rapidly expands their portfolio
- Helping to create a product that will directly improve peoples lives
What Will You Do?
- Requirement gathering (BOM and schematic validation, design rules, stackups, mechanical constraints, etc.)
- Altium symbol and footprint creation per IPC standards and Alert design guidelines
- Placement and routing of multi-layer mixed signal circuit boards
- Assist mechanical team with electronics packing
- Gerber generation
- Documentation and release to PLM tools
- Author cable drawings
- Participate in process development
- Expand your knowledge of best design practices
- Stay up to date on the latest tool features and tools as well as PCBA fabrication technologies and materials
- Work closely with outside vendors such as PCB fabrication houses, CMs, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineer with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience or Associates degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar CAD tool
- A strong desire to learn from a senior CAD designer
- Interest in working closely with electrical engineers and understanding the \"whys\" of specific layout requirements
- Basic electrical engineering concepts including ability to read electronic schematics
- Ability to comprehend component datasheets, especially around component footprint definition and routing rule requirements
- Demonstrate basic understanding of layout/routing specific electrical topics such as creepage, clearance, controlled impedance, return paths, length matching, parallelism, etc.
- Knowledge in DfX as it pertains to circuit board design
- Ideally some knowledge of cable design
- Familiarity with Creo or other 3D CAD modeling software a plus
- Any experience with electrical simulation tools is a big plus
- Previous experience doing electrical design work is a plus
Loading some great jobs for you...