As we continue to grow and create more products, we are looking to hire an experienced Electrical Engineer to develop and support our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system.
This position has the responsibility for designing complex power distribution and control cabinets and systems, cable management systems, structure Bills of Materials and ensure the documentation package is manufacturable, modular, and scalable, minimizing the work required for each new installation. Technical depth in electrical work and controls is required, but so is a willingness to rapidly grow and develop new technical skills as needed.
The success of an organization requires more than just individual talent, it takes the work of teams to be successful. We want candidates who enjoy collaboration with othersthe best work isnt done in a vacuum, so everyone at Alert contributes to our projects and our own professional development. Our leaders need your insight, and you need theirs! Our team moves quickly, so youll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be ready (and excited) to challenge convention and blaze new methods of execution.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Using commercial, off-the-shelf components help design the power and control systems for the worlds highest throughput automated picking, storage and retrieval system.
- Evaluate systems, technologies and design options to determine the best solution to meet objectives for automated systems.
- Prove with design calculations and by using measurement instruments that the system will perform as needed and within the specified design margin.
- Review and update design documentation using AutoCAD Electrical and Bills of Materials using our Product Lifecycle Management tool.
- Build test setups and test fixtures as needed to prove the functionality of new control components and algorithms.
- Work closely with mechanical engineering and PLC controls engineering to ensure electro-mechanical subsystems will perform to specification, be reliable, testable and serviceable.
- Participate in cross-functional activities to design, support, and debug from concept to production and deployment.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- An individual with knowledge and experience designing and generating electrical documentation, schematics, wiring diagrams, custom wiring harnesses, specifications and test procedures for electric panels with PLCs, electrical and safety components.
- Someone with experience designing electrical systems for machines, large capital equipment, facilities, or commercial / industrial structures involving power distribution in the 100KVA-500KVA range, protection and switching at 200V-500V levels and cable management systems.
- Working knowledge of relevant domestic and international electrical standards and regulations such as NFPA 70,
NFPA 79, UL508A, and IEC 60204-1.
- Some experience with PLC Programming WinCC, ladder logic, including HMI interaction is a plus (Siemens) and the ability to use common test equipment such as DVMs and oscilloscopes to debug PLC and control panel operation.
- The ability to use AutoCAD Electrical to edit wiring diagrams and control panel mechanical layout drawings and our Product Lifecycle Management tool to update Bills of Materials and supplier lists.
- Experience using structured decision-making tools such as DFMEAs.
- Someone with the willingness to learn and share knowledge with other members of the design team in order to continually raise the level of electrical expertise and maintain awareness with team members and Alert customers.
- BS/MS in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or equivalent is required with at least three years of experience working on power distribution and control panel design.
- Someone who can travel within the USA and internationally < 10%, typically to customer or supplier sites.
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assigned by team leads.
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements.
- Self-motivated and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Associated topics: adapter, cellular, diagram, plc, schema, signal processing, solar, stationary engineer, wire, wiring