The Principal Java Software Engineer will play a critical role in developing software services for a state-of-the-art robotic control system for grocery supply chain automation. As a principal software engineer, you will be part of a talented team of software engineers focused on developing industry-changing solutions.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
Working in a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy.
Contributing to the realization of our mission and changing the way an entire industry operates.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT, TEST, AND DOCUMENTATION
- Develop microservices written in Java to handle customer orders, control and coordinate swarms of robots, control various elements of the system, and maintain metrics.
- Work with the electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to document and detail software requirements.
- Develop modular and well documented code
- Develop software unit-tests, integration tests, and acceptance tests
- Play an active role in group discussions to share and gain knowledge
- Investigate, assess, and implement new technologies
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 10+ years of experience in Java development
- Familiar with git source control management and issue tracking using a tool such as JIRA
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in robotics and/or automation
- Strong Java skills (SpringBoot, ActiveMQ, Log4j, jUnit, Mockito)
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledgeable in network TCP/IP
- Comfortable working in an agile, collaborative team environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area
What are our core values?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in the company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Associated topics: application, backend, back end, c c++, devops, perl, php, software engineer, software programmer, sw