Full Time, Exempt
The Program Manager will be responsible for working with the development teams to create program plans and product road maps. You will help ensure the organization's technologies can scale while meeting functionality, cost, and quality requirements. You will also be responsible for managing both technical and business risks. The right candidate should have scalable skills that produce predictable project outcomes, budgets, and product performance while the portfolio of projects and number of execution teams is expanding rapidly.
The success of an organization requires more than just individual talent, it takes the work of teams to be successful. We want candidates who enjoy collaboration with othersthe best work isnt done in a vacuum, so everyone at Alert contributes to our projects and our own professional development. Our leaders need your insight, and you need theirs! Our team moves quickly, so youll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be ready (and excited) to challenge convention and blaze new methods of execution.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop the product development scope and create clear program plans with predictable outcomes and milestones
- Monitor and assess program performance
- Identify, characterize and manage program risks
- Work closely with support functions such as Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality to ensure designs can scale and meet cost and quality requirements
- Ensure adherence to the Phase Gate and product development processes
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- B.S. degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 8+ years hands-on experience in complex high-tech or electro-mechanical project management, including resource planning and budgeting.
- Possession of a comprehensive suite of tools applicable to common project challenges.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; able to build effective team relationships and efficiently mediate teams achieve consensus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) or equivalent formal training preferred.
- Experience using MS Project and JIRA
- Experience in an Agile environment a plus
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
- All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty