Full Time, Exempt
The Senior Go-Lang Software Engineer (SGRE) is responsible for developing highly reliable applications in the Go Language (Go-Lang). The SGRE will be responsible for interacting with Alert Innovations Alphabot using multi-threaded networked code and RESTful interfaces. The SGRE must be able to take ownership of complex problems domains, work with stakeholders and architect an appropriate solution. You are equally comfortable as both technical contributor and mentor in a growing multi-disciplinary team.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about technical challenges and eager to broaden your skillset
- You are focused on making progress every day, and strive for efficient solutions
- You exude dedication and commitment to your work that makes others want you on their team
- Deploy networked software solutions using Go-Lang that interact with Alert Innovations Alphabot.
- Clearly document requirements and design
- Design concepts and implement them in a cross-functional team environment.
- Integrate third-party software where appropriate
- Work with customers, vendors, or other technical or non-technical stakeholders to assess software needs and performance
- Mentor junior engineers
- Experience in Go-Lang with a focus on building networked applications. Some knowledge of C++ a plus.
- Ability to design RESTful interfaces that are robust and complete.
- Experience developing software for Linux.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and the appropriate use of them.
- Ability to gather requirements and get stakeholder approval for complex problems.
- Knowledge of common development tools and practices
TEAMING & PERSONAL
- Works successfully in a collaborative team environment and constructively influences team decisions
- Self-motivated and capable of working through ambiguity
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical/problem solving skills
- Possesses flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Masters technical degree (or the equivalent in training and experience) plus 5 years industry experience with a background in programming or other related fields.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.