As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a key role in developing Alerts growing portfolio of robotic products and mentoring junior engineers. You will be responsible for assessing potential machine vision equipment and implementing new capabilities utilizing the same. You will have the authority to determine how your career unfolds as well as how your skills are leveraged and expanded.
Rapid product development requires more than just individual talent, it takes a team to be successful. We want candidates who enjoy collaboration with othersthe best work isnt done in a vacuum, so everyone at Alert contributes to defining our most challenging problems and solution approach. Our teams move fast, so youll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What Will You Love?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization
- Working with a growing Vision Systems team and inspiring team members to continually produce the highest standard of work and create a robust solution
- Working in a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy.
- Helping the company to bring exciting new features to production
- Collaborating within a talented, high-energy, supportive and enthusiastic company developing a world-class product
- Broadening your skillset
- A commute that doesnt run through the worst of the daily traffic
- Belonging to an organization that values you as an integral part of itself with more than just a generous benefits package and daily catered lunches
What Will You Do?
- Implement, debug, and integrate robust embedded C++ applications to deliver key capabilities to Alerts growing portfolio of robotic products
- Help develop a library of advanced features to share among multiple product lines
- Identify key opportunities for improvement across all of Alerts products
- Identify sensors and related capabilities for new products
- Work with the electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to document and detail software requirements and perform component selection
- Develop modular, well-documented code
- Create software acceptance tests
- Assist with user manuals and software documentation
- Play an active role in group discussions to share and gain knowledge
- Investigate, assess, and implement new technologies
What are We looking for?
- 5+ years writing software in C++ (modern C++ preferred)
- Direct experience with image processing in either C++ or Python
- Experience with network communications and multi-threaded applications
- Knowledgeable with OpenCV imaging (or other framework)
- Understanding of applications and techniques for SLAM, deep neural networks, and other machine vision technologies
- Familiar with camera calibration and point clouds
- Familiar with software configuration management, defect tracking, and peer review methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in automation or other robotics systems
- Understanding of robotics concepts (sensors, actuators, controls, etc) and concerns (constrained size weight and power, real time execution, etc)
- Experience with Atlassian software management suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Experience in a technical, customer-facing role
- Comfortable working in an agile, collaborative team environment
B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area or equivalent experience
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Commitment to perform all functions with highest compliance and integrity
What are our core values?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in the company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Associated topics: calibrate, criteria, defect, qa, quality assurance, quality control, quality manager, quality technician, requalification, test