- $35,320.00 -49,240.00/year*
18 S Killingly Rd
Night Shift: 7PM to 7AM (rotating nights)
Under general supervision, Associate will perform operations in the Manufacturing area. Operations will be performed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Associate will perform and monitor critical processes, execute routine validation protocols, and regularly draft and revise documents such as Manufacturing Procedures, SOPs, and technical reports. Employee will also perform basic troubleshooting and assist in the review of documentation for assigned functions. May participate on cross-functional teams and represent their functional area (Cell Culture, Purification, or Solution Preparation). Employee may also have the responsibility of owning deviation/CAPA records. In addition, employee may identify, recommend, and implement improvements related to routine functions.
This role will initially be part of our 12 hour rotating day shift. After completion of training (end of 2019), the Associate will be expected to join a 12-hour rotating NIGHT shift. The shift pattern will be a 7PM - 7AM structure with a rotation covering 7 days per week.
The rotating 12-hour night shift offers several benefits, with an average of 14 days on shift per month with every other weekend off. In addition, the night shift is eligible for a shift differential and any Sundays worked receive Premium pay.
There are multiple openings for this position.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or completed by June 2019
- Associate's degree and 4 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- High School diploma/GED and 6 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience.
- Knowledge of large-scale biotechnology operations such as purification, cell culture, aseptic processing, etc.
- CFR and Regulatory knowledge
- Mechanical ability/expertise
- Basic statistical mathematical skills
- Ability to interpret and apply GMP knowledge
- Understanding of analytical methods for manufacturing area
- Ability to demonstrate technical writing capability
- Able to demonstrate project management skills and presentation skills
- Ability to understand, apply and evaluate basic chemistry, biology and physical principles
- Basic troubleshooting skills on production equipment
- Experience with Delta V
- Experience with lab equipment/testing
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: bio, bioengineering, biological engineer, biomaterials, biophysics, bioprocessing, medical, molecular, pharmaceutical, therapeutic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...