Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Description: BOMBARDIER
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. The facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The facility added 38,000 sq ft of hangar space in 2015, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft. And in 2018, the Wichita Service Center became home to one of two of Bombardier’s Mobile Response Team Maintenance Control Centers, working in conjunction with Bombardier’s Customer Response Center, which operates 24/7 to streamline customer requests and optimize maintenance support. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Aruba, Canada, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Mexico.
In your role, you will:
Oversee the performance of all component service orders, deliver on schedule and meet budget obligations for component work orders, and serve as primary point-of-contact for customer during the maintenance process. Supervises assigned Hydraulic / NDI maintenance employees. Oversees all operations of the Hydraulics, NDI and Wheel and Tire shop.
• Encourage and promote a safe work environment by supervising a safety/security program which includes operation of support equipment, lab systems, 5S, general housekeeping and lean manufacturing. Ensure that regular established safety/security audits are conducted and discrepancies are addressed.
• Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, time card and vacation approvals, PMP and 30/60 day reviews, opportunities for professional development and training, personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues, promotions and salary adjustments, as well as employee schedules and leave.
• Serve as customer primary point-of-contact in daily communications, coordinating, and follow-up for items such as time/labor/material quotes, preliminary invoices, progress updates, customer approval and debrief on work packages, resolution of squawks, and warranty issues. Upsells additional work to Customer.
• Perform Project Management duties for component service orders to include identification of potential risks and management of constraints. Price codes, work orders, reviews labor charges, builds, reviews, and delivers Pro Forma invoice to Customer.
• Execute and maintain schedule through component delivery and follow-up. Monitor and oversee work flow to ensure work package is on schedule and within budget, including shop floor efficiency. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with Repair Station / Quality Manual, Site Operating Procedures and FARs.
• Facilitate status meetings with all departments and shops; update daily reports on status of components and report to Operations Manager
• Support all teams (i.e. Quality, Invoice Analysts, Line Service, Materials) in returning components to service after maintenance
• Assist and coordinate special programs (i.e., Smart Parts, ESP, MSP, Honeywell, and Warranty) with Planning, Invoice Analysts and Materials.
• Produce Lab Reports for customer Landing Gear
• Review, approve, and sign final customer invoice as needed, (i.e., review margin analysis, warranty negotiations, and revision of service orders (SVOs)
• Perform post work package activities, (i.e., customer follow-up calls, resolve customer issues after departure).
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding facility financial objectives on all projects. Issues and collects DPRs, reviews payment terms with Customer Job Requirements:
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a minimum 5 years of experience in performing heavy/line aircraft maintenance or substantial similar experience
• You have a minimum 2 years of supervisory experience or 3 years of lead experience or substantial similar experience
• You have an A&P license or otherwise appropriately certificated under FAR Part 65
• You have working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, for example, part 91, 121, 135 & 145
• You have working knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs for business jet aircraft
• You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations.
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
• You have customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
• You have strong verbal and written communications skills
• You have the ability to Demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop people and build a strong team
• You have planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate workload of assigned employees within a multiple project setting
• You have computer skills necessary to learn and / or operate, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, project, email and web-based applications as well as operating systems used to manage the
• You have a 4 year college degree - preferred
• You have previous experience in Project Management - preferred
• You have working knowledge of SAP and Pivotal maintenance transactions - preferred
• You have working Knowledge with ISO/OHSAS management system and resources - preferred
• You have basic acumen of Accounting and budgeting principles necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs - preferred
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you. Your ideas move people. Salary Range:
Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel:
Loading some great jobs for you...