COOK TEPPAN / HIBACHI
- Job ID: 10234
- Position Type: Full-Time Regular
- Department: TIEN - 350 - IPPCKTP00
- Property: IP Biloxi
- Location: Biloxi, MS
- Education Required: High School or Equivalent
- Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Email a Friend Apply Now
Responsible for engaging and entertaining guests while preparing hot meals on a hibachi grill.
- Responsible for preparing, seasoning, finishing and garnishing all visible food products used on hibachi food production line in accordance with established recipes and specifications.
- Follows all recipes, control procedures and specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary area at all times in accordance with State Health Regulations.
- Participates as a team member with all cooks, stewards, shift supervisors, sous chefs, food servers, and other pertinent associates in producing a smooth, efficient operation on a scheduled shift.
- Responsible for various line cooking assignments such as broiler, saut and fry stations as needed.
- In the absence of the Sous Chef, supervises the preparation of all foods on the hot food production line.
- Completes daily par sheets and maintains temp logs and attendance calendars for subordinates on an assigned shift.
- Minimum 2 years experience or training as a cooks apprentice in a large, full-service hotel or restaurant or culinary school preferred.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months of experience as a cook with specific experience in hibachi style cooking.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Food Safety training required.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for duration of shift.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and maneuver up to 75 pounds.
- Other physical requirements of the position include but are not necessarily limited to reaching, grasping, bending, kneeling, and twisting at the waist.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Associated topics: baking, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinero, complimentary, cook, cutter, diner, fryer, prep cook, stove