Loading some great jobs for you...
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for contributing in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises in-depth knowledge of engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the company's technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards with little direction. Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Provide technical support with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with National and Regional cross-functional teams both direct and indirect to find least cost quickest access solutions.
-Project Manage access orders to meet customer and business obligations
-Coordinate with various internal and third party teams for preparation of ASR management
-Ordering of services and products associated with Metro-E Fiber, coax maintenance and augments.
- ASR ordering of leased circuit transport elements leased cost elements and facilities-based on-net circuits within Comcast.
- Coordinate with various internal and third party teams for the preparation of ASR paperwork and orders.
- Facilitate accurate and timely implementation of new circuits and ensure circuit inventory reporting is updated in a timely manner.
-Provide timely status reports to all vested project stakeholders both internal and external
- Evaluate and report critical issues to Supervisor/Manager-Circuit Ordering and Implementation that may jeopardize a customer launch.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with 3rd party and Comcast personnel across all local markets and operations.
- Assist cross-functional teams with all special and large scale projects as required
- Responsible for providing frequent and ad hoc status updates to management as directed as well as possibly taking 1st level escalations for overdue provisioning milestones on customer orders.
- Research supportive information critical for determining necessary data entry values required facilitating accurate and expedient ASR ordering.
- Responding to status updates verbally and with detailed written reports as requested by management, third party departments and business customers.
- Assisting with the creation and modification of department job aids and M&Ps
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Advanced computer literacy including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Windows applications -- Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project.
- 2 to 5 years' experience working in the telecommunications/telephony industry environment.
- 2 to 3 years' experience ordering network facilities from ILEC/RBOC via ASR, ordering forms and web-based ordering systems.
- 2 to 3 years' experience with circuit inventory management databases.
-Forward facing customer management experience
- Required to escalate issues that require immediate attention and quick resolutions.
- 2 Years' experience with Metasolv inventory and ordering systems
- Knowledge of Metro Ethernet technology including ENNI, EVC, UNI, and VLAN
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate and rally team members to meet collective deadlines
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel from staff level to senior management and with customers, displaying tact and diplomacy.
- Self-motivated to meet all daily commitments/deadlines without prompting or supervision
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
Loading some great jobs for you...