Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the worlds leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Summary: EMCOR Services/Mesa Energy Systems has an immediate need for a Project Manager. This position involves planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling all contract functions for HVAC and Automation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully responsible for the successful completion of all aspects of the assigned contract between EMCOR Service/Mesa Energy and the client.
- Prepares monthly financial forecasts and updates. Ensures that the contract is managed in a manner that meets all contractual requirements and financial goals.
- Manages the overall operations of the contract, including: coordination of turnover meetings; scope of work; construction schedule, customer relations, job cost management, cost control of project, purchasing guidelines, project staffing, schedule of values, change order management, value decisions, scope management, attendance at project meetings; compliance of project specifications, foreman coordination of project, and the performance of daily operations.
- Evaluate and insure the efficient operation of the project, controlling operational expenses at a minimum level that is consistent with sound industry practices and contractual requirements.
- Provides administrative and technical direction and supervision to staff in completing work assignments.
- Discuss, plan and delegate major project assignments to supervisory staff; determine building and maintenance priorities that are of significant scope.
- In consultation with the V.P. of Construction, make recommendations concerning the hiring, promotion and termination of field staff.
- Advise, discuss and inform Client Staff members on construction matters and problem areas.
- Executes purchase of equipment and subcontractor orders.
- Coordinates purchase of necessary materials, consumable supplies, rentals and services through purchasing agents from appropriate sources.
- Maintains liaison with owner, architects, engineers and contractors/ subcontractors engaged in new or renovation projects.
- Maintains sufficient records, files, controls, procedures to insure management and work production.
- Enforces safety program and coordinates with Safety Director to ensure field forces receive proper training and proper site safety practices and procedures are followed.
- Provides adequate and complete information to administration staff to ensure proper processing of all project correspondence, records, reports, etc. is complete and timely submitted and proper document control is maintained.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction discipline or Construction with five years of demonstrated experience in HVAC and Automation Project Management.
- Knowledge of submitting written proposals, scopes of work, scheduling and coordinating site contractors and other assigned personnel; a thorough understanding of construction schedules and operations and the ability to meet demanding customer requirements.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and control all aspects of a new or renovation project.
- Ability to work with the customer to find mutually satisfactory solutions to difficult issues.
- Ability to work with management systems and a variety of professional, administrative and industry personnel.
- General working knowledge of major HVAC and Automation systems
- Experience with Windows and MS Office; experience with Lotus Notes and COINS a plus.
- Demonstrated skill at developing and nurturing client relationships
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to organize and lead a group of people
- Ability to work independently or as member of a team
- Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: administrator, construction manager, director, gcc, manager, project manager, public, site, site supervisor, superintendent