- Responsible for the accurate and timely filing of State and Local Gross Receipt Tax Returns (which are similar to Corporate Income Tax Returns) - Perform analyses of revenue, deductions and exemptions on a monthly and annual basis - Pull and review statutes, regulations and laws to determine accurate tax treatment for filings - Query and import data from external databases into Excel - Investigate and explain month over month variances by analyzing data and working with other business groups when necessary - Manage tax calendar to prepare assigned returns accurately and timely - Perform special projects, as required
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 3-7 years experience in preparing or reviewing federal, state and local corporate income tax returns - Excellent communication skills both written and oral - Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications - Ability to work independently and as part of a Team - Must be detail oriented and able to meet and comply with deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent work experience required
- Standard 9-5 hours with the possibility for overtime. Associated topics: analysis, business analytic, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, inspect, investment analytics, investment banking, market, refinement, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.