Senior UX Researcher
Compensation: $77,520.00 - $128,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Apply your human-centered design research skills to help further our mission to make classrooms a better place for teachers and students. In this role, you will partner across work streams to explore what our users need by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with internal teams to build empathy and explore solutions as they create compelling and useful experiences.
The impact you'll have:
* Join the team in shaping a rigorous user research practice
* Build collaborative partnerships and be a trusted partner to the design, product, and development teams throughout the design life cycle
* Uphold guidelines for a robust usability testing program with adults and children
* Plan, conduct, analyze and report out on a broad range of user research studies, including field studies, usability testing (moderated and unmoderated), surveys, heuristic evaluations, and competitive assessments.
* Help curate and grow an accessible body of knowledge that will serve teams long after studies are complete
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of internal processes
What we're looking for:
* 5+ years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating qualitative and quantitative user research into product designs and design practices
* Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different user research methods, including when and how to apply them from discovery to production to post-launch
* You are a consistent producer of standard UX artifacts and know which level of fidelity to target at each stage of the process
* You believe in testing and learning; making a hypothesis and testing with a prototype (paper, Axure, InVision, etc.) is the norm for you
* You're comfortable being part of a small, efficient team and moving between a consulting role and being embedded with selected teams
* You are a natural storyteller and communicate concisely and clearly in written communication and findings documentation
* You're comfortable presenting and confidently delivering insights to teams and stakeholders
* You believe in building relationships and helping to cross-train team members from other disciplines to self-service where appropriate
* This full-time role is located in our North Billerica home office, with occasional local or national travel to sites for research purposes (less than 25%)
* Undergraduate degree in HCI, journalism, psychology, anthropology or related fields; master's degree a plus
* Prior K-12 education experience a plus
NOTE: Please include a portfolio of research artifacts that reflect your experience and skill in UX/UI research planning, execution, and analysis when applying.
Associated topics: gui, interface, ui, ui designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...