Senior Medical Writer (Remote Option)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title: Senior Medical Writer (Remote Option)
Department: Medical Writing (MW)
Provide research, writing, and substantive editing expertise for customized medical communications initiatives with minimal direction or supervision.
Responsible for developing and delivering original, accurate, high-quality content (manuscripts, slides, and other editorial assignments) within the project specifications, timeline, and budget. Provide high‑quality editorial oversight for both project work and business development efforts. Strive to function as scientific and therapeutic expert (within limitations of budget and timelines) for assigned project teams, and function as primary writer for assigned accounts.
- Content Development-Research, write, and revise high-quality, original editorial content.
- Develops clear, concise outlines, on-target first drafts, and proactively incorporates data/revisions
- Cultivates expertise in assigned therapeutic areas
- Maintains focus and completes projects in timely manner, meeting project timeline, and staying within budget (assuming project scope does not change)
- Assesses each project to proactively identify areas that will require assistance from others (ie, graphic design, editorial support); elicits help as needed
- Assesses potential projects to provide an estimate of writing time required for completion
- Demonstrates ability to balance multiple projects for multiple clients
- Assists new/junior employees with content development activities and serves as a resource for questions
- Continuously complies with JK standard editorial procedures, including ethical standards
- Content Editing and Referencing-Edit and appropriately reference content written by others.
- Improves clarity in others’ writing
- Ensures flow, content, and grammar are appropriate
- Enhances clarity and grammatical accuracy of the writing while maintaining the voice/tone/thoughts of external authors
- Ensures scientific accuracy while editing and referencing
- Company Representation-Represent the company at client meetings (eg, advisory boards, speaker-training meetings, business development initiatives) in a professional manner.
- Serves as onsite editorial resource and content expert in a professional manner
- Reviews and revises program content as needed in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepares speakers for their presentations in a professional manner
- Anticipates additional onsite needs and proactively prepares for these needs
- Proactively assists project team; acts as a collaborative team member
- Is prepared to discuss topline information pertaining to content of business development meetings; educates internal, nonmedical team members about content-related issues
- Communication-Effectively and proactively communicate with team members (editorial, editorial support, project, client), authors/faculty, and vendors in areas related to project completion.
- Ensures that information is communicated effectively withininternal project teams
- Keeps project team and manager apprised of project(s) status (through weekly status meetings or routine email communications) and challenges encountered during the project (eg, changes in scope, delays in receiving comments)
- Functions as primary client and/or external author contact, as needed
- Prioritizes work, as appropriate and with help of project team and manager
- Proactively provides input to team members to enhance project outcomes
- Offers to assist others in times of slow workloads and requests assistance during times of heavy workloads
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
(The behaviors, skills and practices required to accomplish the objectives of this position and in the daily conduct of business.)
- Written Communications-Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect
- Intellectual Horsepower-Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile
- Independently Responsible-Doesn't shirk personal responsibility; functions well independently; can be counted on when times are tough; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
- Composure-Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress
- Organization/Time Management/Timely Decision Making-Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; can juggle multiple projects and deadlines; arranges information and files in a useful manner. Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on more important priorities; able to make a quick decision, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL FISHAWACK POSITIONS
- Client Focus-Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect
- Functional/Technical Skills-Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment
- Ethics/Values/Integrity/Trust-Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; acts in a direct and truthful way; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.)
Education-4 year post secondary education, or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences; PharmD or PhD highly preferred
Experience-3+ years of medical writing experience; 3+ years of experience in the editorial process
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
Loading some great jobs for you...