- Genesee & Wyoming
- $112,650.00 -187,750.00/year*
The person in this position works in conjunction with the AVP, Engineering to provide functional leadership to the engineering services team.
* Establish a safety-culture foundation based on compliance with G&W safety rules, regulations, and environmental responsibilities
* Provide vision and direction to the field engineering teams in line with company expectations
* Manage and communicate appropriate staffing and equipment levels to meet project deadlines
* Create an environment to carry out and deliver annual goals in safety, efficiency, and productivity
* Act as liaison between field activities and project-planning teams to deliver regional priorities in a safe, cost-effective manner
* Monitor and direct performance of subordinate employees
* Ensure employees are properly trained to meet the requirements of their assigned positions
* Manage resources to meet budgetary and project deadlines
* Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* At least five years of progressive leadership growth in railroad engineering preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
* High school diploma required; associate or bachelor's degree preferred
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...