Principal Lithography Equipment/Maintenance Technician (Bronx)
Compensation: $37,330.00 - $63,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Summary of Role:
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
* Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment
* Perform basic preventive maintenance activities
* React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
* Process wafers using defined procedures
* Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
* Perform visual inspections (quality check)
* Recover from process and tool interruptions
* Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
* Complete all required reporting and documentation
* Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
* Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
* Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
* 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience or equivalent work experience (2+ years of relevant experience)
* Fluency in English Language written & verbal
* At least 4 years of relevant experience in semiconductors
* Physical Capacity Demands:
* Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour shift schedule; including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol/requirements
* Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment throughout a 12 hour day (excluding breaks)
* Able to mlift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues
* Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
* Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing and process equipment
* Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
* Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
* Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
* Proficiency with software applications, Microsoft Office, as well as specific programs of SAP, MES, ASPECT; able to create reports and document procedures
* Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
* Equipment or process maintenance experience in semi-conductor manufacturing
* Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen team
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory. All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...