Human Resources Assistant - Substitute Management - Gwinnett County Public Schools (Dawsonville)
Gwinnett County Public Schools
: $39,290.00 - $57,810.00 /year *
: Human Resources
Loading some great jobs for you...
Provide assistance in the organization, coordination, and implementation of all substitute management administrative processes within the Human Resources and Talent Management Division.
1. Process substitute data in the PeopleSoft system in an accurate and timely manner. a. Enter, update, and/or retrieve information from various human resources systems to process substitute transactions. b. Assist local schools in locating available substitutes for daily and extended substitute positions. c. Complete requests for substitute extended pay in an accurate and timely manner. d. Work with the Payroll Services Department for payment processing and resolve any substitute payroll discrepancies. e. Work to resolve issues in substitute management or refer issues to supervisor as appropriate.
2. Review, monitor, and process substitute applications in the applicant management system, AppliTrack, in an accurate and timely manner. a. Explain the substitute application process to potential applicants. b. Respond in-person, by telephone, or e-mail to candidates throughout the hiring process to ensure excellent customer service. c. Monitor incomplete applications and notify applicants of documents needed. d. Assist with the criminal background check process for substitutes and ensure all documentation is submitted. e. Assist candidates with the online substitute training programs, including completing the enrollment process, answering questions, and obtaining / uploading certificates of completion to applications. f. Assist with the maintenance and reporting in the district's Learning Management System for all substitute training programs. g. Review and submit completed substitute applications for processing in PeopleSoft.
3. Assist with all functions and activities related to Substitute Teacher Orientations as assigned. a. Assist in preparing communication materials for Substitute Teacher Orientations as assigned. b. Communicate substitute processes and the automated substitute management system to new hires. c. Receive, organize, and process substitute data collection forms. d. Ensure world-class customer service is provided to all candidates at Substitute Teacher Orientation.
4. Assist with the functions associated with maintaining an active substitute pool. a. Ensure applicable retiree and part-year employees are added to the substitute pool. b. Assist with the substitute mass termination process by researching information in the automated substitute system.
5. Assist with substitute management recruitment functions and events. a. Assist with job fairs, expositions, and other events to inform individuals about the substitute application process. b. Prepare and disseminate information regarding substitute employment. c. Work with local schools to advertise the various substitute positions. d. Compile data to determine job fair metrics and areas for improvement.
6. Assist local schools with the automated substitute management system, Absence Management. a. Assist with inquiries, problems, and/or issues related to Absence Management and work to resolve them in a timely manner. b. Provide training to the Local School Substitute Representatives regarding Absence Management and securing qualified substitutes. c. Work with local schools to enter and modify vacancies for absences requiring a qualified substitute. d. Work with local schools to add campus users to Absence Management and ensure daily reports are received.
7. Provide world-class customer service to substitute applicants, substitutes, and local schools. a. Counsel substitutes on all substitute related issues. b. Research, review, and respond to customer inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Communicate with all parties in a businesslike, courteous, and efficient manner. a. Help cultivate a responsive and customer-focused climate. b. Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with local schools, central office staff, applicants, and other employees.
9. Assist the Employee Clearance Office with processing fingerprint checks for district employees and issuing / administering employee photo identification cards for central office and school-based staff as requested.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: administrative and operational support, administrative assistant i, administrative assistant ii, administrative assistant iv, document, gs 0303, gs 0399, operational support, secretary, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.