SQA Engineer (Upper Marlboro)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
IHS Markit is looking for a hands-on SQA Engineer who can analyse requirements, design test scenarios, write and, execute test cases for CTI Tax platform. This exciting opportunity is based in Andover, MA for a technical candidate with a numerate degree, or equivalent, to work on one of the most dynamic buy side and sell side systems which are undergoing rapid & exciting change under current regulatory environment. Responsibilities
- Analyze software requirements and prepare test plans and test cases.
- Perform testing of software using automated and manual procedures, as applicable.
- Record bugs using systemic processes.
- Coordinate with business analysts and developers to ensure quality assurance.
- Analyze data in relational databases as required.
- Knowledge in or experience with Test Automation framework in Selenium Web
- Ability to understand functional specifications from the customer perspective and design appropriate acceptance tests.
- Thorough understanding of test principles such as unit, smoke, functional (black box/white box), user acceptance and usability testing.
- Exposure to structured software development life-cycle methodologies, preferably agile models
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different levels of stakeholders in application delivery, QA and business groups.
- Ability to analyse defects and spot trends
- Experience of working in tight deadlines in a mature time-boxed testing environment
- Be able to demonstrate consistent and good judgement of assessing severity of issues.
- Understanding of multi-tiered technology architecture.
- Experience in Testing Webservices based GUI application and well versed in functional testing.
- Well versed in writing complex SQL queries
- Knowledge of Functional SQL functions
Education and experience
- ISEB certification or equivalent
- Understanding of automation test principles
- Preferably having knowledge in testing tools like JIRA, qTest and any other testing tools.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent degree.
- 3-7 years of Experience in Functional Testing in Finance Domain ( Tax)
- Demonstrable system / regression testing experience, ideally in a financial environment with a blend of manual and automated testing.
- Excellent understanding of software systems and development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of relational databases, SQL.
- Proficient in writing database SQL queries
- Experience with global development team is essential.
- Experience and understanding of the testing process, project test lifecycles, and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets (desired)
- Interest or knowledge of Tax Regulations is a plus
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Associated topics: automation, process, quality, quality assurance, quality assurance analyst, software quality, software quality assurance, software quality assurance engineer, test, tester
Loading some great jobs for you...