PT - Physical Therapist
Compensation: $89,130.00 - $120,210.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
PT - Physical TherapistLife Care Center of Merrimack ValleyPosition type:
The PT - Physical Therapist provides direct rehab care in physical therapy to patients upon physician referral in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
Specific Job Requirements
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in physical therapy, BSPT, MSPT, or DPT (2003 or later must have MSPT or DPT)
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year experience in post-acute care or related setting preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Liaisons with patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
- Must demonstrate good body mechanics at all times
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient care,, documentation and therapy software responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to follow physical therapy treatment plans for patients
- Must be able to establish, assess, and modify realistic, measurable, timely, and functional goals
- Must be able to oversee and evaluate care given by PTAs, Rehab Aides, and PT and PTA students
- Must be able to chart appropriately and timely
- Must be able to utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
We offer competitive pay in a team-oriented environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
North Billerica, MA
Associated topics: activity therapist, movement therapist, orthopedic therapy, outpatient, physical therapy, rehab, therapist, therapist assistant, therapist outpatient, therapist physical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...