In the role of Research & Development (R&D) Packaging Engineer I , working in Milwaukee, WI you will work with cross functional teams to execute new packaging projects for current and new brand opportunities. Using subject matter knowledge on packaging, you will deliver innovations, renovation opportunities, and process optimization initiatives for the business.
This position reports to the Sr. R&D Packaging Manager, and works closely with other internal partners including Quality, Innovation, Supply Chain Excellence, and Procurement.
• Integrates knowledge of packaging materials and equipment interaction in support of successful and effective technical solutions.
• Works within a defined project management stage gate process through concept/feasibility/development stages and supports preparation of robust business cases and implementation plans.
• Contributes subject matter expert on a defined innovation platform by keeping up to speed on industry developments and communicating to the regional R&D team, therefore feeding ideas and best practices into the innovation funnel
• Supports the Operations brewing network on process, quality, and efficiency areas and troubleshooting as required.
The Other Qualifications:
• You will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in packaging or associated consumer goods industry
• Advanced degree in Packaging is preferred.
• You love a challenge. You complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require a quick turnaround in plans and strategy
• You are confident and competent. You are diplomatic, professional and exercise great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships within the business
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
• As the world’s family brewer we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
• We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
• You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
• Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment, an Employee Assistance Program and discount plans
• Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
• Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Responsibilities : Ensures the packaging labs are compliant with all relevant legislation (EH&S; in particular), quality food and safety Carry out ro…Read More