- Mylan Laboratories
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Minimum of a PhD (or equivalent) in Physical Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Material Science and a minimum of 5 years work experience is preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Must possess the ability to read and interpret comprehensive and intricate research documents. Ability to write scientific reports and technical correspondence. Ability to work with executives and communicate abstract concepts. Ability to present to a high level of the organization and groups outside of the organization.
* Must possess detailed knowledge of process equipment and test methodologies, particularly as applied to transdermal products. Fundamental education and experience in engineering (properties and/or analytical techniques). Experience formulating with pressure-sensitive, medical-grade adhesives, backing materials, and various laminate coatings. Leadership experience and knowledge of crystallography, x-ray spectroscopy, and related techniques desired. Experience with scale-up, FDA regulatory issues, and the patent process is preferred.
* Must possess the ability to solve problems with complex variables through non-standardized solutions that require independent judgment and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and use deductive reasoning with no prescribed procedures to solve complex problems.
* Must adhere to Company and Department policies and procedures as well as government regulations. Requires understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
* Must possess the ability to prepare and make clear oral presentations and write concise reports. Must possess good communication, time management, and organizational skills. Must possess competent computer skills including; Microsoft Word, Excel; Lotus Notes and project tracking software.
* Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineering, coatings, nutrition, pha, phenolic, plastics, polymer, polymer synthesis, polyurethane
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...