Senior Associate Director - Gotham Health - NYC Health + Hospitals (Bronx)
Compensation: $83,245.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Empower Every New Yorker Without Exception to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive human experience.
East New York Diagnostic and Treatment Center focuses its efforts on forming links within its Central Brooklyn neighborhood so that as many members of the community as possible learn about its services and how to access them. Its list of medical services is exhaustive, and includes adult medicine, dental services, electrocardiogram (EKG), Geriatrics, Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP), mammography, obstetrics/gynecology, pediatrics, radiology, Women Infant and Child (WIC) program, HIV/AIDS services, substance abuse and pharmacy.
Sr. Associate Director reports directly to the Chief Executive officer with temporary (6 months) shared reporting with the CMO of assigned site.The Director will be given directives/or assignment which include functions described below.This position requires flexibility across Gotham system as needed.
SUMMARY OD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with operations restructuring at the Gotham FQHC sites, as assigned.Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary staff to improve patient flows, accuracy of registration and appointment information and follow up.Assist in planning activities for new programs and expansions/contractions
- Develop and revise policies and procedures, as well as oversee programmatic functions to ensure compliance with HHC, City and State Department of Health regulations.
- Ensure that the sites and the programs meet all regulatory requirements such as the New York State Department of Health, NYCDOH&MH, HRSA and NYC Health & Hospitals Corporation standards.
- Monitor OTPS spending
- Prepare annual OTPS and Staffing Plans for submission to Chief Executive Officer/Chief Medical Director, Chief Operating Officer of Gotham Health FQHC.
- Monitor all service related issues influencing revenue generation and close-visit activity as well as ensure compliance with grants and entitlement programs.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Monitor overall staffing patterns for East New York and report any inadequate staffing levels to Gotham executive team.
- Oversee Implementation of program reduction or expansion based on identified community need and utilization.
- Monitor customer service performance and continuity of care and evaluate continuous improvements in quality of service delivered at assigned location/or department.
- Cooperate with regulatory agencies and consultants in sharing information as required.
- Oversee activities related to personnel management, mandatory training and employee appraisals.
- Monitor the environment of care across system by making periodic rounds and work with appropriate hospital departments to maintain cleanliness and safety.
- Engage in administrative consultation and issues resolution with Service Line Administrators, Chief of Clinical Services, Social Work, Nutrition and Nursing leadership as well as with other Gotham department heads.
- Attend Gotham Health related meetings a t the corporate level, and provide updates on activitiesgive feedback, as appropriate, to staff.
- Participate in Gotham Health committees as assigned as well as any Gotham FQHC meetings
- Meet regularly and collaborate with the Outreach Coordinator from Business Affairs to ensure special education events to promote the importance of health and educate the communities on diagnostic screenings (e.g. mammograms, pap smears, diabetes management, prostate screening, annual physicals, etc.
1. A Masters Degree in Art or Science with a specialization in Hospital Administration, Health Care Administration, Administrative Medicine or in Public Health when conferred for a program in hospital administration from an approved college or university; and,
2. Five years of administrative experience and background at responsible management and administrative levels; or,
3. An equivalent combination of training, educational background and experience in related fields and educational disciplines; and,
4. Knowledge of fundamentals of health care facility organization, administration and standards, regulations and laws applicable to halth care facility operations. Knowledge of principles of business and human resources administration, management functions and support service functions and ability to direct and supervise personnel.
- Masters Degree
- Minimum10 years in Ambulatory Care
- AmbulatoryOperations Budget
- Personnel, Labor Relations
- Federally Qualified Health Center I HRSA
- Unity or Soarian or
- MicrosoftOffice Suite
Associated topics: dietetic, immunoassay, immunology, injury, kinesiology, medicine, metabolism, pharmacometrics, therapeutic, therapy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...