Capital Planning Analyst - New York
Compensation: $77,920.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
What is the opportunity?
- Primary support for the buildout, coordination, and maintenance of CCAR Supporting Documentation.
- Support for drafting and editing of the annual Capital Plan.
- Maintain central inventories for output from capital planning processes
- Assist with preparing materials summarizing capital planning processes and results for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Create tailored analysis on a variety of capital planning topics to facilitate decision-making by senior management.
What will you do?
- Support the Capital Plan team with the production of the Capital Plan, including (40%):
- Preparing initial drafts of Capital Plan chapters and associated key policy documentation
- Performing quality assurance reviews to drive professional and consistent work product;
- Incorporating feedback from the Capital Plan from key stakeholders, senior management, and the Board of Directors; and
- Primary support for the buildout, coordination, and maintenance of the Capital Plan Supporting Documentation, including (30%):
- Developing and implementing program-wide documentation standards to ensure a consistent and comprehensive approach;
- Performing quality assurance of Supporting Documentation to be included as part of the CCAR submission to show a professional and consistent work product;
- Communicating feedback to relevant Supporting Documentation owners for incorporation; and
- Performing ad hoc tasks, as needed, in support of the CCAR submission to the Federal Reserve.
- Support for key activities of the stress test cycle, including (15%):
- Inventorying of key assumptions;
- Conducting sensitivity analysis on key assumptions and inputs; and
- Facilitating the financial review and challenge.
- Provide support for Finance and Risk-related regulatory exams, as needed (10%).
- Support Capital Plan team with creating tailored analyses for senior management (partnering with risk, finance and treasury) on capital planning including calibration of actions, stress test summaries, and peer bank comparisons, where appropriate (5%).
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelors degree.
- 3-7 years experience either in risk management, capital management, finance, or project management at a financial institution, working for a regulatory agency, or as an auditor or consultant for banking clients.
- Detail-oriented and able to facilitate development of firm-wide frameworks for capital planning.
- Writing and analytical capabilities capable of producing satisfactory drafts of corporate documentation.
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Other Required Qualifications:
- Work efficiently and collaborate across disciplines.
- Strong consultative skills desired / preferred, inclusive of presentation, facilitation, structured thinking and project management experience.
- Independent thinker with ability to deliver results with minimal oversight.
- General understanding of Capital Markets, Retail Banking, and Wealth Management.
- Understanding of Dodd-Frank and its impact on a foreign banking organization.
- Knowledge of US Basel III.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across multiple functions.
- CCAR experience and/or well-rounded knowledge of regulatory exercises within financial institutions preferred, but not required.
Whats in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canadas largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North Americas leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Address: 200 Vesey Street
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL08
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 11/01/2019
Req ID: 193287
Ad Code(s): * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...