If you have the ability to interact with technical and non-technical users in an understandable and concise manner while solving complex technical issues, you might be the PC Technician Robert Half Technology is looking for. If you are a self-starter and enjoy solving problems and working in a positive, dynamic environment, then we want to hear from you! Come work as a long-term temporary PC Technician in the Brooklyn, New York, region.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Retain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and solutions or installations
- Own imaging and preparation of new computers
- Arrange repairs with the suitable vendors
- Handle take down, packaging, transportation and setup/installation on site
- Take down, box and ship equipment that is outdated
- Manage and execute technology implementation projects
- Interface with ticket submitters regularly and effectively
- Ensure the integrity of electronic data records, acting in accordance with company quality standards
- Oversee data transfers from PC to PC and troubleshoot software/hardware and break/fix
- Install printers, and troubleshoot and repair issues
- Provide computer hardware support for PCs, laptops, monitors, servers, and other IT equipment, including diagnoses, repairs, rebuilds, and refurbishments
- Track equipment inventory, and suggest and assist with purchases
- Assist with functionality testing and end user support - Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- A CompTIA A+ certification is a requisite for the position
- 1 - 3 years of experience with PC and Mac hardware and software, and an understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, and WAN
- DNS experience
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows 7 in an Active Directory environment experience
- Microsoft Windows 8 experience required
- An understanding of networking such as switching and routing is highly valued
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-###-#### to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.