Organization Overview: Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Job Summary: Responsible for serving as the first point of contact for the public, visitors, clients and staff visiting any Sheltering Arms Office or site and assisting to ensure efficient and tidy ongoing operations throughout our office environments
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
* Meet and greet visitors, vendors, staff, and clients in a professional manner
* Answer and direct incoming telephone calls to appropriate staff
* Check Sheltering Arms general inquiry email account and direct inquiries to the appropriate staff
* Retrieve all messages left overnight with the answering service and forward messages to staff.
* Receive incoming calls and take messages for staff members as needed
* Maintain and update staff phone/email directories and seat assignment charts
* Assist social workers/supervisors with needs as it pertains to family visitation or other client-facing business.
* Conduct office open/close procedures
* Maintain relief schedules and arrange for substitutions in times of emergency, vacation, or illness.
* Perform clerical duties such as typing, filing, and shredding.
* Perform maintenance inspections and occasional light/minor maintenance responsibilities
* Observe and report facility repairs that are required in office and program sites
* Collect and reconcile records related to Sheltering Arms Fleet/Vehicles
* After proper training, monitor and operate Fire Alarm panels
* Other related tasks that may be assigned
Qualifications and Skills
* High School Diploma required.
* A minimum of six months office and receptionist experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to handle busy telephone system and reception area simultaneously.
* Ability to work well under pressure, handle confidential information and use discretion.
* Bilingual - Spanish/English a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Service that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...