- Stage Stores
REPORTS TO: District Manager
To manage total store to maximize sales, service, presentation and profitability and to minimize inventory shortage.
* Manage total store to maximize sales and profits.
* Drive store's Credit Applications, Magazine Subscriptions and \"40 & Fabulous\" programs to achieve goals.
* Know sales goal, actual sales and trends to achieve plan.
* Ensure promotions are set and markdowns are taken in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner.
* Ensure proper execution and maximize productivity of key programs such as Tuxedo, Gift Card, and other ancillary sales.
* Ensure highest level of customer service is provided to all customers at all times and customer expectations are exceeded.
* Implement and adhere to company's customer service standards, and insist every customer is acknowledged, thanked, and invited to return.
* Adhere to the guidelines of No Complaints Program to create a pleasant shopping experience for every customer.
* Maintain a high level of personal motivation and integrity, setting an example for others.
* Ensure courteous and professional handling of returns.
* Actively and effectively recruit, interview and hire quality, motivated and service-minded candidates for all positions.
* Provide training on a continuous basis using company training programs to ensure understanding and compliance of all associates.
* Communicate relevant information regarding job responsibilities, goals and company objectives to associates.
* Delegate and assign associate duties fairly and follow-up on assignments.
* Evaluate and provide feedback to assistant managers, supervisors, sales associates, beauty advisors and sales support associates.
* Ensure consistency, fairness and proper documentation to improve associates' performance.
* Submit management work schedule to district manager on time and personally adhere to schedule as well as adhering to the weekly base schedule hours.
* Maintain high level of merchandise presentation to company published standards and best practices.
* Ensure daily adherence to standards across all families of business (floor plans, adjacencies, density of merchandise flow, etc.).
* React to all current direction and update merchandise presentation accordingly.
* Utilize visual tools to create exciting walls and windows per Quarterly Visual Merchandising instructions floor plans.
* Maintain and uphold standard of \"Cleanest Store in Town\" throughout the store including sales floor, bathrooms, fitting rooms, offices, wrap stations, associate break room, stockrooms, receiving and storage areas.
* Direct and execute all store operations, policies and procedures, key initiatives and best practices.
* Manage weekly/monthly payroll and non-payroll (electricity, supplies, etc.) expenses in line with budget and sales rate.
* Work with District Manager to develop and execute plans for store to improve profitability, greater productivity and efficiency.
* Protect store assets and hold shrink below Company Shrink Goal by ensuring all security policies and procedures are followed.
* Monitor fitting rooms and high risk areas of store.
* Comply with Store Operational Control Audit, Price Audit, Return Management and Shrink Reduction initiatives.
* Ensure compliance with procedures for receiving, shipping, sorting, and processing freight.
* Ensure proper store opening and closing procedures are followed and that store is secure at time of closing.
* Ensure damages are completed according to procedure and shipping deadlines.
* Ensure retention of records and files as directed by procedures.
This list is a general summary of the duties and responsibilities for this position. However, there may be additional responsibilities as directed by the company or the immediate supervisor to meet the needs of the business.
Associate's Degree or Certification in related field.
Significant Retail Management experience
* Values-based Leadership
* Business Leadership and Strategic Perspective
* Thought Leadership
* Talent Leadership
* Deliver Extraordinary Results
* Change Transformation
Work Schedules include a variety of day, evening and weekend hours
This job description is not all inclusive. Stage Stores, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Stage Stores, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Associated topics: assistant manager, assistant store manager, associate manager, director, leader, manager, sales lead, senior manager, store manager, retail management
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...