Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Prepare, wash, and store dishes as well as help serve meals and clear dishes at residents' tables following Sunshine Retirement Living LLC procedures.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Have a general knowledge of cleaning and sanitation.
- Maintains food handlers permit as necessary to fulfill state regulations.
- Meets state health related requirements (as applicable for position).
- Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player.
- Maintain a positive, respectful, and professional approach with coworkers and residents.
- Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential.
- Possess excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet department deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with residents and staff.
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, wash, and store dishes following Sunshine Retirement Living LLC procedures.
- Clean dishwashing area.
- Assist in bussing, serving, and delivery of room trays if needed.
- Setting of tables in dining room.
- Assist Cooks in cleaning food serving areas and equipment, sweeping and mopping of floors and complete assigned cleaning duties.
- Complete dishwasher temperature log at required times.
- Empties garbage as needed and moves to dump site.
- Work as part of the food services team to ensure smooth, efficient, and safe operation of the kitchen.
- Complete closing checklist and ensure that kitchen is swept, moped, and cleaned.
- Adhere to prescribed safety and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- May be assigned to any other job function in the Community on a relief basis.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all work assigned for the agreed-upon salary, accepting no additional payment or non-perishable gifts from residents, vendors, Community management, or others.
- Meet the assigned work requirements of the job. Regular attendance is required.
- Adhere to dress/appearance code. Changes in attire may be dictated by special occasion or weather conditions. If you have questions, check with your supervisor.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Promote resident advocacy and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- Follow specified procedures as outlined in the Safety Manual regarding the handling of contaminated material encountered in accidents or injuries on the Community premises.
- Attend education and training classes as necessary to fulfill state regulations applicable to the position.
- Maintain personnel, resident and business proprietary and/or confidential matters/material in strict confidence with management of the company (and/or other company staff as needed).
- This position is considered a universal employee worker and will be crossed trained in other positions as directed by the supervisor.
- Serve as a role model for all employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, and positive attitude.
- Represent the Community in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...