**_Tractor Supply Company (TSCO)_** _, the largest retail chain of rural lifestyle products in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our team members commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,700 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with revenues of $7 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live_ **_ Life out Here _** _!_
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
As a Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the the following requirements:
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
3. Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
4. **G** reet the Customer
5. **U** ncover the Customers' needs
6. **R** ecommend products
7. **A** sk for the Sale
8. Team Members are required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every Team Member be able to performallof the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
9. Operate cash register/computer following cash handling procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company
10. Recovery of merchandise
11. Participate in mandatory freight process
12. Complete Plan-o-gram procedures (merchandising, sets, and resets)
13. Assemble merchandisePerform janitorial duties
14. Execute price changes/markdowns
15. Operate Forklift
16. Operate Cardboard Baler
17. Assist customers with loading purchases
18. Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties
19. Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
_Experience:_ No experience required. Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
_Education_ : A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
_Professional Certifications_ : None.
_Other knowledge, skills or abilities_ :
+ Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
+ Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
+ Basic computer skills.
+ Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
+ Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
+ Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
+ Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines.
_Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions):_
The Team Member position is non-sedentary. It is essential that Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. Team members must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
+ Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
+ Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
+ Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
+ Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
+ Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
+ Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
+ Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
+ Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
+ Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
+ Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
+ Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
+ Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane (propane certification and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of 18).
+ Ability to successfully complete all required training.
_This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor._
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Tractor Supply HR Support Center: (p) 844-###-#### (e-mail) ...@TractorSupply.com
**Requisition ID** _2018-2298_
**Job Locations** _US-NJ-Ringoes (Flemington)_
Associated topics: assistant general manager, back end, conference, deli manager, food service supervisor, general manager, management, night shift manager, partner, produce manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.