Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it's just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that's where you come in. In this role, you'll support a clinical team that's helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
You'll need to be able to work in multiple locations, while managing multiple priorities. You'll find the pace fast and the patient - centered environment inspiring.
- Educate providers on the CMS - HCC Risk Adjustment program and the necessary documentation and coding requirements
- Visit with assigned provider offices regularly to perform onsite chart reviews, and assist with attestation process
- Routinely consult with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information to determine appropriate diagnostic codes
- Utilize analytics to identify providers in need of improvement, and conduct education and training to providers and staff regarding coding and documentation standards
- Monitor trends in the data and develop plan of action to improve provider coding
- Develop and present coding presentations and training to large and small groups of clinicians, practice managers, certified coders and auxiliary staff
- Partner with network managers, medical directors, nurses, office staff and coders on a wide scope of Risk Adjustment education efforts
- Conduct multiple trainings each month for market providers and staff, including attendance at Risk Adjustment Dinners in evenings for primary care physicians and specialists
- Build and maintain a professional rapport with providers and their staff within the community
- Work in partnership with market Clinical Educator to innovate ways to improve internal and external workflows to better support clinicians
- Strategize with Clinical Educator on monthly remote education opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned