Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Position Location: Clearfield, UT
You will direct operational activities for a distribution facility, such as supervising warehouse and driver staff, facility layout and project management, strategic planning and fleet management. You will also manage regulatory and permit issues, dispatching, receiving, and the storing and handling of materials to meet customer requirements.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Drive Zero Incident Culture in plant operations. This includes processes to eliminate at risk behaviors and developing an environment that ensures safety and compliance are foundational principles.
- Develop a local logistics plan to meet daily customer requirements, support commercial growth plans, and optimizes the use of available assets.
- Implement and maintain an organizational structure to meet daily operational requirements and support the company Perfect Order Index (POI) objectives
- Develop short term tactical projects and long term strategies to manage facility processes, packaging, and inventory accuracy within set guidelines to achieve budget and meet business / customer requirements.
- Develop facility operations expense and capital budget.
- Insure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and Nexeo Solutions' policies and procedures.
- Manage the local implementation, maintenance and compliance to standard of all HSSE programs, RC14001 and ISO9002.
- Implement and leverage new technology for operational improvements, as directed.
- For facility personnel, manage annual objective setting and performance appraisal process, people development, training and labor relations.
- Manage public warehousing and 3PL providers assigned to the facility.
- Maintain fixed and fleet assets.
- Develop facility continuous improvement projects to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Bachelor Degree
- 3-5 years experience in warehousing, logistics, distribution, and transportation
- Lean experience a plus
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point), SAP a plus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Solid leadership skills and background
- Safety minded
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish is preferred
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org