Job SummaryWE ARE DENTAL!
Zimmer Biomet Dental is a global leader in implant and restorative dentistry solutions with more than 60 years of industry experience.
We are proud to be part of one of the largest musculoskeletal companies in the world. Our mission is to alleviate pain and improve the quality of life for people around the world. Every 10 seconds, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week patients around the world receive a Zimmer Biomet product, resulting in helping millions of people each year. #ZBDental
Obtain basic goods and services at the lowest total cost with focus on total value. Assist other departments in supplier selection, defining product specifications and ordering practices that reflect the best interests of the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities- Purchases assigned commodities from approved and qualified suppliers in sufficient lead time to prevent material shortages and recommend cost savings when possible.
- Ensures that all activities are in compliance with company policies and practices.
- Resolves problems that arise in relation to delivery dates, quality, specifications, quantity or cost of purchased goods or services.
- Reviews requisitions and confers with departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise, and delivery requirements. Recommends alternate suppliers where a savings in cost or improved delivery will result.
- Reviews discrepant invoices which are not in complete agreement with purchase orders and resolves the discrepancies.
- Establishes standard costs for assigned commodities.
- Issues purchase orders, negotiates contracts, and establishes blanket orders that may include consignment stock.
- Investigates supplier’s financial condition, technical competence, facilities, and production techniques to ensure adequate supply sources.
- Negotiates prices and follows competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific materials, interacting with other departments as necessary.
- May participate, along with Purchasing Agent or Manager, in internal meetings in the development of strategy and negotiations as a member of a Sourcing team.
- May be required to do supplier scheduling – maintain purchase order acknowledgment control system lead time maintenance and interface with material planners/master schedulers, buyers, quality control, engineering, suppliers, etc.
Expected Areas of Competence- Ability to engage in basic contract negotiations and implement contacts in standard form; create basic project plans, prioritize, engage resources, implement across functions & sites.
- Address problems quickly and effectively using factual data, possess situational flexibility, know the resources to approach for efficient resolution and drive for results.
- Learn the organization, the orthopedics business, and focus on personal growth to excel at purchasing in assigned area and expand into new areas in the future.
- Working knowledge of purchasing and planning systems.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting practices.
- Proficiency with personal computers and software including Microsoft office suite products.
- Organizational, communication, and quick learning skills are required.
Education/Experience RequirementsBachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, Engineering or related fields). Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in purchasing & negotiations or equivalent combination of education and related experience. Prior experience purchasing raw materials and packaging. Knowledge of raw material market is a plus. Experience with J.D. Edwards or similar ERP software is a plus. A.P.P. certification from ISM preferred; C.P.M. is a plus.
Travel RequirementsUp to 10%
Additional InformationEOE M/W/Vet/Disability
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.